Small businesses can obtain free business counseling and mentoring through SCORE – counselors to America’s Small Businesses. SCORE is a resource partner of the United States Small Business Administration. It furnishes real-world, confidential business counseling and mentoring, to help existing businesses grow and new businesses get started.
SCORE for existing businesses
SCORE provides the following services for existing businesses:
• Mentoring ongoing support, analysis and counseling as often as needed
• House calls on-site assessment of your business in operation
• Roundtables/Mini workshops Needs-based education for people with common business interests
SCORE for new businesses
The following services are available for new businesses:
• One-on-one counseling business/financial planning, start-up requirements, advertising, etc.
• Monthly workshops covering business topics to help your business grow and be profitable
• Online counseling and resources e-mail, chat, online research library, forms templates and more
Meet with a SCORE counselor
Any small business can obtain help from SCORE at no cost. SCORE counselors bring a lifetime of business experience, as well as objective, fresh insights to help you operate your business more efficiently.
Richardson SCORE counselors meet with you at the Richardson Chamber of Commerce. Appointments are each one hour long and are available on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. To make your free appointment with a SCORE counselor, call the Richardson Chamber of Commerce at 972-792-2800.