International Business Center
International Business Resource Committee
The International Business Resource Center (IBRC) is managed by the Chamber’s International and Economic Development Staff together with the International Business Resource Committee. The Committee is headed by Tri-Chairs:
- Elizabeth Purdy-Bergin, Sleeper Sewell Insurance
- Lisa Ann Schwamkrug, Immigration Attorney
- Robert A. Smith, Saville, Dodgen & Company
International Business Resource Center
In 2011, the Legislature of the State of Texas resolved that Richardson was the International Business Capital of North Texas.
The Richardson Chamber supports this designation by supporting local Richardson Businesses in their international business efforts in four ways:
- Delivering informational webinars about market entry planning, reshoring initiatives, international technical seminars (tax, immigration, regulatory compliance) and other relevant international topics for Richardson businesses.
- Developing and leveraging a partnership structure with USA Federal resources (Department of Commerce/DEC’s), local in-country chambers and associations & foreign consulates and trade organizations.
- Promoting international leadership award/recognition events.
- Leveraging state (Texas) trading and cooperation agreements with other countries (grants, etc..) for Richardson businesses.
The Richardson Economic Development Partnership is a joint initiative established by the Richardson Chamber of Commerce and the City of Richardson in 1984. REDP is dedicated to building a vibrant and thriving local economy, by attracting new investment and jobs, through marketing and recruitment efforts and by working with existing employers. The Richardson Chamber’s International Business Resource Center and the International Business Resource Committee provides resources and soft-landing services for Companies entering the USA Market and locating offices/facilities in Richardson. https://www.telecomcorridor.com/