Richardson Mayor Laura Maczka
"I'd love to put in a plug for Leadership Richardson. LR was a life-changing event for me. I’d lived in Richardson for 35 years, thought I knew everything I needed to know. LR showed me that there is so much more to our community and ways to get involved. I went through LR and jumped in with both feet into the bigger community. Five years later, I am serving in ways I never dreamed I would serve. And I can honestly say that I have gotten so much more than I have given!"
Leadership Richardson is...
a community leadership development program created by the Richardson Chamber of Commerce in 1985. The objectives of Leadership Richardson are to:
• Identify and motivate emerging community leaders
• Acquaint participants with a local historical perspective and with current community dynamics
• Assist participants in identifying and addressing community needs, issues and problems
• Challenge participants to increased community leadership
• Develop personal and organizational leadership skills