Richardson is International
On May 24, 2011, the Legislature of the State of Texas passed the following resolution: “RESOLVED, that the 82nd Legislature of the State of Texas hereby designate Richardson as the official International Business Capital of North Texas.” Angie Chen Button, State Representative for District 112 (Richardson) signed the legislation.
The Richardson Chamber supports this designation by supporting local Richardson Businesses in their international business efforts in four ways:
- Delivering informational webinars on market entry planning, reshoring initiatives, international technical seminars (tax, immigration, regulatory compliance) and other relevant international topics for Richardson businesses.
- Developing and leveraging a partnership structure with USA Federal resources (Department of Commerce/DEC’s), local in-country chambers and associations & foreign consulates and trade organizations.
- Promoting international leadership award/recognition events.
- Leveraging state (Texas) trading and cooperation agreements with other countries (grants, etc..) for Richardson businesses
Entering the USA Market?
The Richardson Economic Development Partnership is a joint initiative established by the Richardson Chamber of Commerce and the City of Richardson in 1984. REDP is dedicated to building a vibrant and thriving local economy, by attracting new investment and jobs, through marketing and recruitment efforts and by working with existing employers.
The Richardson Chamber’s International Business Resource Center and the International Business Resource Committee provides resources and soft-landing services for Companies entering the USA Market and locating offices/facilities in Richardson. https://www.telecomcorridor.com/
The Global Development Initiative (GDI) program is a collaboration between the Richardson Economic Development Partnership (REDP) and the University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) that offers educational benefits to students and business opportunities for foreign companies interested in entering the U.S. market. Learn more here.
For More Information including sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact:
- Lawrence P. Howorth, VP, International Business Development/Director, Mayor’s Office of International Business, City of Richardson
Phone: 972.792.2814 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Kolman, Director Economical Development, City of Richardson
Phone: 972.792.2817 Email: email@example.com